Cocoa GPS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I dream of Jeannie Information

egruber

I dream of Jeannie Information Empty I dream of Jeannie Information

Post  egruber Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:19 am

I Dream of Jeannie debuted Saturday evening, September 18, 1965, on NBC.

Filming location - Columbia/Sunset Gower Studios - 1438 N. Gower Street, Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, USA

The series was created by Sidney Sheldon in response to the great success of rival network ABC's Bewitched series, which had debuted in 1964

The first-season pilot uses footage from an actual launch of a Project Gemini spacecraft (identifiable by its LGM-25 Titan II booster with twin rocket engines), and this footage also appears in the opening title sequence for some early first-season episodes.

Cocoa Beach was the setting for the 1960s sitcom I Dream of Jeannie, although only one episode was actually filmed there (Jeannie's wedding). (Every other episode was shot in California)

Cocoa Beach's only permanent acknowledgment of its pop culture legacy are street signs for "I Dream of Jeannie Lane," named in 1996.

Maj. Nelson's address has been said to be 1020 Palm Drive, 1020 Palm, 820 Palm and 811 Pine. The most popular address, which has been adopted by the fans as his official address is Major Anthony Nelson 1020 Palm Drive Cocoa Beach Florida. The actual address does not exist however, since the show was filmed in california and there is no Palm Drive in Cocoa Beach, Florida.

Nelson read the fictitious Cocoa Beach Herald newspaper. In one episode, a motorcycle cop with a prominent Cocoa Beach badge on his chest pulled over Jeannie for driving a car from the back seat .

Series creator Sidney Sheldon had a relative who lived in Cocoa Beach and decided to set the show there because of the U.S. space program's connection to the area in the public's mind.

Cocoa Beach restaurant owner Rusty Fischer said Sheldon, once on a visit, asked permission to use the name of his restaurant, Bernard's Surf Restaurant, in the show. "They did and every now and then you would hear, 'Well let's make a reservation at the Surf,'" Fischer said.

After days of parties and a tour of the space center, a fake wedding with Eden and Hagman, timed to the airing of the nuptials episode, was staged at Patrick Air Force Base for television writers from around the nation. Then-Florida Gov. Claude Kirk was an honored guest, said Jeff Rose, former publicity director of Screen Gems, then the television division of Columbia Pictures Corp., which made the series.

Barbara Eden
    born Barbara Jean Moorhead August 23rd, 1934 in Tuscon, Arizona

Larry Hagman
    born Larry Hageman in Fort Worth, Texas, on September 21, 1931

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:30 am